Master in Law with minimum 7 years of relevant experience in the field of Data Protection and Compliance. Experience as DPO in an international organization is an asset. Excellent knowledge of English. Other languages such as Dutch and/or French are an asset.
Ontex is one of the world’s leading suppliers of disposable personal hygiene products. The company has grown from a family business into an international organization. Ontex designs, manufactures and delivers disposable diapers and pants, pads, tampons and panty liners to retailers and healthcare providers in more than 110 countries.
To best serve its customers and consumers, Ontex operates a large network of locations around the world. This includes 20 manufacturing sites in 14 countries, including Western and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, Pakistan, Australia, China and Americas (US, Mexico, Brazil).
To support its Group Legal Department (located at the HQ in Erembodegem – Aalst), Ontex is currently looking for an experienced Group Data Protection Officer & Group Compliance Manager (m/f).
As Group Data Protection Officer you manage and coordinate the implementation of data protection legislation worldwide.
Your main responsibilities and key tasks will be to:
- consolidate the GDPR implementation and upgrade the level of GDPR/data protection laws throughout the company (regular review of the register of processing activities, drafting of binding corporate rules, approval of new tools, follow up and monitoring of GDPR compliance in all Ontex locations, drafting of new templates, policies and guidelines, etc);
- further implement data privacy compliance outside EU;
- inform, create awareness, train the company and employees on their data protection obligations;
- be the main contact for giving guidance and advice on data privacy within the company;
- be involved properly and in a timely manner in all issues which relate to the protection of personal data;
- be the company’s contact for and cooperate with the data protection authorities (respond to requests about investigations, complaint handling, inspections, etc) ;
- be continuously aware of the data protection laws and give advice and recommendations to Ontex about the interpretation or application of the data protection rules;
- monitor compliance with GDPR, local laws and policies and draw the company’s attention to any failure to comply with the applicable data protection laws;
- advise on data protection impact assessments;
- follow up on (potential) data breaches and data access requests;
- lead the relationship with the local teams to ensure the compliance with data protection laws locally;
- monitor the performance of the local data protection community;
- develop a quarterly reporting to the Management Committee and/or Audit & Risk Committee.
As Group Compliance Manager you manage and coordinate the implementation of the ethics and compliance programs for the company, ensuring the company exercises due diligence to prevent, detect and resolve non-compliant conduct to help protect and preserve the business, integrity and reputation of the company.
Your main responsibilities and key tasks will be to:
- assist the Head of Compliance with respect to the development and continuous improvement of the company’s compliance program;
- manage and coordinate the implementation of the compliance manuals, policies and guidelines and recommend updates/improvements;
- coordinate the conduct of effective training and educational programs for employees and drive the awareness creation (e.g. compliance campaigns, onboarding sessions, ...);
- monitor if the company’s conducts, policies and procedures are consistent with the compliance program;
- develop effective lines of communication and drive the platform to report and archive compliance cases;
- develop a quarterly reporting to the Management Committee and/or Audit & Risk Committee;
- drive punctual compliance projects with the relevant internal stakeholders;
- lead the relationship with the local compliance community to ensure the implementation locally of the company’s compliance strategy;
- monitor the local compliance reporting and performance of the local compliance community
- initiate the investigation process flow in collaboration with Internal Audit;
- assess the effectiveness of the Compliance Program and continuously work to improve it;
- advise the Head of Compliance with the appointment of local responsibles in order to extend the accountability from Group to Local level;
- drive, develop and manage Compliance processes to protect the company against potential areas of risk;
- advise the Head of Compliance on compliance program trends and needs to define possible objectives and outcomes (at Group level and locally).
You will report to the Head of Compliance and you will develop, operate and monitor the data protection and compliance programs in accordance with legal, statutory and company compliance requirements.
- You have a Master degree in Law from a first rate Belgian or European law school, with high academic credentials.
- You have minimum 7 years of experience in a mid-sized or large corporation, with a focus on Data Protection and Compliance. An experience as Data Protection Officer in an international organization is a strong asset.
- You hold a GDPR/DPO certification from a recognized institution.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English; other languages such as Dutch and/or French are an asset.
- You are able to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- You can manage complex projects and lead cross-functional project teams, able to approach data protection and compliance questions in a multidisciplinary way.
- You have corporate and ethics & compliance acumen with strong interest for business and people conduct, interest in company policies, guidelines and rules, able to pragmatically approach ethics & compliance procedures and processes.
- You are a business minded professional with strong communication and coordination skills and you are approachable.
- You work proactively, autonomously with the necessary prioritization on resource allocation.
- You are willing to effect business travel (limited).
- You are a true team player.
You will work in an international, dynamic and fast-moving and still growing business environment.
You will join a highly motivated entrepreneurial team that enjoys making things happen. It’s always been part of the Ontex culture to value initiative and ideas, encouraging employees to learn new skills and promoting from within our business whenever possible.
You will be offered interesting work that you can organize with a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
You will be offered a challenging position, in which you will work closely together with the business.
You will work at Ontex’ HQ, close to the actual decision makers.
Ontex offers a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and competences.