Estate planner/Tax adviser with at least 3 years of professional experience as a legal advisor/lawyer in a highly professional environment for Belgian and French HNWI clients.
You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and a very good knowledge of English and French.
Our client, Anthos, is an international family office providing asset and wealth management services as well as professional advice, tax, legal and financial services. . It is part of COFRA Holding AG, established in 2001 to coordinate the global commercial activities of the family owners.
In retail, real estate and investment, COFRA aims to set industry-leading standards of quality while demonstrating that business can play a powerful role in society. COFRA businesses operate autonomously in the spirit of engaged entrepreneurship. The fashion retail company C&A is the oldest business in the group, dating back to 1841. Redevco, a commercial real estate business with a focus on retail was founded in 1999, and Bregal, a global private equity firm in 2002.
Anthos is an international family office, dedicated to advancing the success of the owners’ endeavours and the flourishing of the Brenninkmeijer family community. The original family service office was established in Amsterdam in the 1930s. Anthos helps the owners of COFRA past and present focus on their business and philanthropic activities, offering support to their families.
The Belgian office of Anthos is currently looking for an estate planner/tax adviser with at least 3 years of experience as a legal advisor/lawyer in a highly professional environment for Belgian and French HNWI clients.
In this role you will provide high-quality estate planning and tax services to Anthos clients living in Belgium.
Next to this, you will be responsible to organize the tax and estate planning services for clients living in France with external professionals.
You will be based in Vilvoorde.
Your focus is on:
1. Professionally and timely executing legal services regarding Belgian estate planning (advice, drafting of documents, execution and monitoring) to clients, often including international dimensions, in the following areas:
- pre-nuptial agreements
- advance directives / powers of attorney
- estate planning (including gifts)
- international Private Law
2. Assist the clients living in Belgium in tax matters related to investments.
3. Developing and maintaining a referral network of external legal and tax advisors, in France for clients living in France.
You will assist and work together with the Client Advisors and with specialists from other departments (also in other countries) to ensure an excellent service to our clients
You will participate in international projects / platforms (e.g. the Estate Planning Practice Group (EPPG)) as a project member.
You will keep abreast of and analyze new legislation/developments pro-actively, in both national and international contexts, in the areas concerned and sharing this knowledge with the Client Advisors and other specialists (for example, through the EPPG).
- Master’s degree in Belgian Law (preferably also in notarial and/or tax law). You have an affinity with Belgian and French tax law (regarding investment income) and Private International Law
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a legal advisor/lawyer in a highly professional environment for Belgian and French HNWI clients
- Experience and knowledge about financial planning
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and a very good knowledge of English and French
- Living in Belgium, but you have an affinity with what’s happening in French society
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work independently using own knowledge or that of others to provide integrated advice and opinions
- Confident enough to provide face-to-face advice to clients
- Ability to communicate complex information in a conscious and client-friendly manner
- Ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations
- Ability to work in a team, with national and international colleagues, with a flexible mindset
- Client-orientated, with openness and interest for what’s happening in the world around us, in order to deliver better advice for the client
You report to the Country Director of the Belgian office of Anthos.
You will be part of a small and dynamic team within an international organization, belonging to a prestigious group.
Your working environment is stimulating and informal.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.