Master of Law with 2 to 4 years of professional experience. Strong interest in a career focused on complex corporate and venture capital transactions.
Cresco is a premier business law firm serving the business and legal needs of entrepreneurs, emerging, growth and established companies and private equity investors, venture capitalists and corporate investors.
The lawyers combine years of international legal experience with business expertise acquired through extensive in-house experience at leading companies active in a broad range of sectors and industries.
Cresco is a relationship driven firm and advises clients on their most complex transactions and other important business matters. The primary focus of Cresco is to assist its clients in achieving their critical business objectives, executing their business strategies and solving their business issues.
The corporate / venture capital practice is structured to represent general partners and investors in venture capital and private equity investment funds. The team covers the entire range of venture capital and private equity matters including:
- fund formation and capital raisings through private placements
- daily management and (regulatory) compliance
- investment activities
- exits of portfolio companies
A fundamental cornerstone of the practice is dedicated to entrepreneurs and companies in various technology sectors, including ICT, clean tech and life sciences.
In this context, Cresco works very closely with technology entrepreneurs and investors and provides critical insight into this rapidly evolving and increasingly competitive marketplace. The team advises entrepreneurs, companies, investors and seasoned executives on a wide range of strategic transactions and operational matters, including mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recaps, spinoffs, workouts and bankruptcies, initial public offerings and joint ventures, and the design of incentive and employment arrangements.
In order to strengthen its team, Cresco is currently looking for a Corporate – Venture Capital Associate.
The challenging and diversified corporate practice offers boundless opportunities for those lawyers who aspire a challenging and rewarding career.
You will primarily be engaged in structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of corporate and venture capital transactions, including share / asset purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, subscription agreements and joint ventures and other partnering agreements.
You will also advise founders, companies, boards of directors, compensation committees and individual executives on a wide range of operational matters and strategic transactions and provide them with ongoing legal support.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to help build Cresco’s growing practices.
- You are a Belgian qualified lawyer and have achieved superior grades in your university studies.
- You have 2 to 4 years of relevant experience, in the field of corporate law and transactions and a strong interest in a career focused on these areas of expertise.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and you have a good knowledge of French.
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- You are able to independently manage projects and client relationships and to collaborate with others.
- You have great work ethics.
- You excel in a fast-paced environment.
- You are entrepreneurial and business minded, dedicated to serving the clients and committed to shaping the future and growth of Cresco.
Cresco offers a structured yet flexible learning environment, emphasizing the development of excellent legal skills and real-world problem solving, while encouraging the lawyers to build important long term internal and external business relationships.
You will be challenged with a myriad of opportunities right from the start, giving you the opportunity to go well beyond the traditional role of legal advisor, in important transactions and other business matters.
Cresco offers a collegial professional environment that allows the professional and personal development of junior and senior lawyers.
You will receive a competitive and attractive remuneration package.