Paralegal with experience in corporate law. Minimum 5 or more years of experience. Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is required.
Mitiska REIM is an entrepreneurial Belgian real estate investment company currently advising 2 real estate funds investing in ca. 71 retail parks across 11 countries. Mitiska REIM focusses on value add-projects with flowing rent as well as development projects. The organization is structured via dedicated country teams who are in charge of the entire lifecycle of the projects with a limited number of headquarter functions to ensure oversight.
For its headquarters in Groot-Bijgaarden, Mitiska REIM is looking for a Paralegal to further strengthen its team of 25 real estate professionals.
You will report to the General Counsel. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and translating board minutes
- Intragroup contracts (e.g. management services, loan agreements)
- Following up on corporate changes (address/capital-shareholdership/directors)
- Publications in Belgian Official Gazette (e.g. directors)
- Keeping factsheet document of all group companies up to date
- Excerpts from crossroads bank
- Belgian UBO register
- Corporate Housekeeping of the Belgian and foreign Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs)
- Assisting in process of incorporation of SPVs
- Following up on corporate changes
- Following up on signing process of all documents + publication in Belgian Official Gazette
- Helping shareholders with (document related) questions
- Posting all relevant documents on Intralinks
- Invitations Board meetings, General Assemblies
- Attendance at Board Meetings and General Assemblies
- POAs for corporate transactions at fund level (e.g. capital increase)
- Compliance support and KYC & AML formalities for investors
Country teams support (= link between country teams and Brussels in terms of legal documents)
- Signing process of original documents that need to be signed in Brussels
- Notarisations, legalisations, apostilles
- NDAs and LOIs
- UBO formalities for setting up companies, opening bank accounts
- Lease agreements support
Legal filing / document management
- Digital filing
- Physical filing
- Overview role: manage dropbox licenses and access rights, making sure that the legal filing is organised in the best possible way at all times, suggesting ways to improve, drafting filing policies and making sure they are respected.
- Website and Linkedin page of the company
- You have a Bachelor in Law degree or have acquired sufficient similar experience.
- You have at least 5 or more years of experience in a paralegal position, specifically in the areas and job duties identified above.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and you are a great team player. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are good in building strong relationships and partnerships with colleagues and business clients across the company. You are proactive in recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions. You have excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- You have extensive computer experience and skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and you are quick to learn how to work with new software.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English; other language skills are a plus.
You will have a dynamic job in a fast-growing and pleasant business environment. You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package in accordance with your seniority and experience.