Master degree in Law with 3 to 7 years' experience in drafting and negotiating contracts for industrial projects.
Fluent in English, knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese would be an asset.
Desmet Ballestra is the world leader in developing, engineering and supplying technologies, processing plants and proprietary equipment for the food, feed and chemical industries.
The Oils, Fats & Oleochemicals division delivers tailor-made engineering and procurement services in preparation, extraction, processing, refining and fat modification for oilseed and edible oil processing plants. They master the processing of 40 raw materials, of which soybeans, palm oil, sunflower seed, rapeseed, groundnuts and cottonseed are probably the most popular.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Analysis and negotiation of EP and EPC contracts for company’s activities;
- Handling the day-to-day legal tasks such as drafting the notices of force majeure and negotiation of NDAs;
- Improve company's standard contract terms and conditions;
- Advising the commercial and the execution departments to mitigate legal risk in their daily practice;
- Advise the company in corporate matters;
- Manage external legal counsel;
- Address post-execution issues, contract disputes and negotiate to avoid litigation.
- Master’s degree in law from any country
- 3 to 7 years' experience in drafting and negotiating contracts for industrial projects
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese would be an asset
- Business minded, strong affinity with managing technical/legal projects
- Team player, also able to work independently and manage the workload and priorities
- Good communication skills
- Positive 'can do' attitude and stress-resistant
You will join a global market leader in an international environment with highly talented colleagues. The company offers you a comfortable compensation package with good benefits and the opportunity to grow and develop in your skills, competencies and career.