Belgian Master’s degree in Law with 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience as a commercial lawyer with a reputable law firm and/or a legal department of an international company.
An excellent command of English is required. Knowledge of GDPR regulation is important asset.
Esko is a global provider of integrated software and hardware solutions that accelerate the go-to-market process of packaged goods. The company’s products empower teams to support and manage the packaging design and print processes for brand owners, retailers, pre-media and trade shops, manufacturers, and converters.
In order to strengthen its international Legal Department, Esko is currently looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel, based in Ghent (or working fully remote in Belgium).
As a legal counsel you will be part of a small, close-knit, international legal team that supports business of Esko and two sister companies part of the same international group (X-Rite & Pantone).
Your main task will be to draft, review, negotiate, and oversee a broad array of commercial contracts and agreements, i.e., software, hardware & SaaS, data privacy, master, marketing, licensing, OEM, distributor, dealer, suppliers and NDA’s etc.
In addition, you will provide legal advice, implement the group’s anti-corruption, FCPA & compliance programs, potentially support smaller M&A transactions, and be involved in various other legal matters as required in a fast-paced environment.
You will report to the Lead Commercial Counsel based in the US.
- A Belgian Master’s degree in Law and 3-5 years of commercial legal experience in a respected international law firm. Multinational in-house experience is also useful but not critical.
- Solid experience handling, drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements (knowledge of GDPR & data privacy is an important asset).
- Exceptional verbal & written communication (fluent English). Able to explain complex legal points. Listen, collaborate, influence, negotiate, and find alternate solutions.
- Ability to prioritize work and operate with a level of autonomy and independence.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-performance and ‘all hands to the deck’ environment.
- Driven, tough-minded, upbeat and keen to learn, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- A creative problem solver and flexible to work on the smallest and most complex legal matters.
- High integrity and ethics in all dealings. Personable, informal and a good sense of humor.
The role offers exceptional exposure to 3 global businesses, and the chance to understand their commercial strategies, help facilitate goals, minimize challenges, and ensure the right balance of efficiency and risk management.
Esko provides a position in a stimulating professional environment within a sustainable, fast-growing international industry. It is a challenging function with a lot of variety and responsibility. You will have the ability to develop your personal and professional skills.
You will be offered an attractive remuneration based on your skills and achievements combined with an extensive package of extra-legal benefits.
Esko is an employer of choice, with an open, supportive culture and excellent career prospects. If you’ve ever wondered what you’re truly capable of, there’s no better place to find out!