Master in Law with at least 8 years of experience in corporate/M&A and commercial law. Fluent in English and Dutch.
Greenyard is a global market leader of fresh, frozen and prepared fruit & vegetables, flowers and plants. Counting Europe’s leading retailers amongst its customer base, the group provides efficient and sustainable solutions to customers and suppliers through best-in-class products, market-leading innovation, and outstanding service.
As a multinational company (operating in a.o. The Netherlands, Germany, France, UK, USA, Spain, Italy, Poland, Israel, …) our Client employs approx. 8500 professionals.
To reinforce its legal team, our client is looking for a Business Legal Counsel.
As a Business Legal Counsel, you will:
- act as a strategic partner to the business in managing risks and opportunities;
- screen, analyse, draft, review and negotiate various kinds of business agreements and other legal documents with acceptable risk taking into account the needs of the business, eg. commercial contracts, letters of intent, secrecy agreements, license agreements, purchase and sales agreements, ICT services outsourcing agreements, etc.
- negotiate long term strategic partnership agreements with key customers and other stakeholders;
- advise the Leadership Team on the most appropriate way to organize the group’s corporate structure;
- assist in M&A transactions: define risks and opportunities in the due diligence phase, structure the transaction and make sure that contracts adequately cover identified risks;
- provide legal advice and guidance regarding the business activities and projects;
- handle and follow-up claims, litigations and court cases;
- identify potential regulatory hurdles and come up with effective solutions;
- develop the “legal reflex” of the business by organizing a.o. legal training or providing legal tools (such as legal checklists, model contracts, etc.) in order to help the business to work autonomously;
- contribute to the implementation of group policies, procedures and guidelines to reduce the legal risk for each legal entity or organization;
- support complex projects locally and abroad from start to finish such as integration of newly acquired companies, development of new products or services, cross-divisional synergy projects, innovation projects, roll-out of implementation of new legislation, etc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Educational Background/Working Experience: you have a master degree in Law with minimum 8 years of relevant experience in corporate, commercial and contract law. You have solid international experience as lawyer and/or in-house legal counsel in a multinational company.
- Language Skills: you have excellent command of Dutch and English. Additional language capability in German, Spanish or French is a plus.
- Achieving customer excellence: you are able to develop relationships with customers; you continually focus on, understand and respond to customers current and future needs; you deal with customer complaints effectively.
- Delivering results & ensuring operational excellence: you are able to prioritize tasks and to plan and organize own work; to deliver comprehensive results in an accurate, reliable, complete and timely manner; to deal with obstacles and to look for solutions; to execute tasks accurately and in the most efficient way.
- Working with others: you work as an effective and productive member of the team; acknowledge conflict and resolve interpersonal issues; respect other opinions and provide and share information; use informal relationships for support and as a resource; operate well within cross-functional disciplines.
- Openness to new ideas & embracing change: you demonstrate openness to new ideas; adapt to and support change; come up with useful ideas.
- Learning & developing yourself: you demonstrate awareness about and responsibility for self-development; ask for and learn from feedback; handle pressure and maintain composure in difficult situations; are persistent and resourceful.
- You have the ability to translate complex legal or factual issues in plain language communication.
- You are a real team player.
- You are business- and solution minded with a pro-active approach.
- You are a strong and assertive communicator.
- You are well-organized, punctual and precise.
- You are able to deal with ambiguity and to adapt to dynamic environments with ease and speed.
- You have a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
You will be working in a dynamic, growing and multinational environment.
Your efforts, dedication and initiative will be rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive remuneration package.