Belgian Master in Law with at least 3 years of experience in the field of Tax Litigation. Mother tongue Dutch, with a good command of French and English.
A top legal practice in Belgium, Laga is a full service business law firm, highly recommended by the most authoritative legal guides. Laga comprises approximately 140 qualified lawyers, based in Brussels, Antwerp and Ghent. Laga offers expert advice in the fields of corporate/M&A, banking & finance, real estate, tax, employment, commercial, IT/IP, public/administrative, insolvency and reorganisations, and litigation.
Where appropriate to ensure a seamless and comprehensive high-quality service, Laga lawyers work closely with financial, assurance and advisory, tax and consulting specialists (Deloitte).
Laga provides thorough and practical solutions tailored to the needs of clients ranging from multinational companies, national large and medium-sized enterprises, financial institutions and government bodies, to high-net-worth families and individuals (Greenille by Laga).
Laga is currently looking for an Associate with relevant experience in the field of Tax Litigation.
You will be part of the Tax Litigation Team (with offices in Ghent and Zaventem) where you will help clients with a broad range of Belgian and international tax matters and (criminal) procedures.
- you obtained your law degree with outstanding results – additional qualifications or international experience (Manama/LLM/MBA) are great assets
- you have at least 3 years of professional experience in the tax controversy field
- your verbal and written communication is professional, thoughtful and effective
- your mother tongue is Dutch and you master French and English fluently
- you bring a unique contribution to the team
- you approach complex legal questions with an innovative mindset
- you embrace technology and are keen to explore how disruptive trends will shape the future of the legal profession
- you are naturally curious about the socio-economic developments that keep your clients up at night
- you are a team player, in a national and international environment, rigorous and have strong communication skills (oral and written)
- An atmosphere stimulating personal development and growth
- Having the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team which is market leader in tax litigation with a cross-border focus
- Ability to tap into the network and professional services of the market leader Deloitte
- Well-developed training opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
- Attractive extra-legal advantages