DLA Piper is looking to hire a Lawyer with minimum five years of relevant experience for the IP and commercial law practice in Brussels. Within this team you will have a versatile role that covers all aspects of intellectual property law, distribution law, unfair commercial practices and other commercial law, advertising law, IT law, etc., in advisory, contentious and transactional matters.
This is a unique and challenging role in an international firm. You will have the opportunity to work in a – both nationally and internationally - top tier IPT practice and develop your own skills in a very interesting, challenging and pleasant environment.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000 and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
DLA PIPER’s Values
In everything DLA PIPER connects with their People, their Clients and their Communities, the firm lives by these values:
Diversity and Inclusion
“At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.”
As a Lawyer within the IPT department in our Brussels office, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of services to our clients. Your role will involve:
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Strategically advising clients during meetings, on the phone and in writing
- Liaising with and taking instruction from clients
- Attending client meetings
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of a personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Conducting legal research
- Assisting in the training and development of junior lawyers
DLA PIPER does not set upper or lower limits of experience for any of our vacancies. DLA PIPER has however given an indicative experience level as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have minimum 5 years' of experience are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role:
- Belgian Master's degree in Law and preferably an LLM obtained abroad; ability to show evidence of an attractive academic track record
- Qualified to practice as a Lawyer in Belgium
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- An excellent command of English and - given the current composition of the team - Dutch language skills (both verbal and written).
- High work standards with strong service orientation
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A motivated, open minded individual who will thrive in an environment where excellence, innovation, diversity and going that extra mile are the norm
- You have excellent legal skills and an analytical mind, with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and efficiently deal with complex files and to work autonomously
- Well organised, proactive, flexible, pragmatic, social, inclusive and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced international environment
- Accuracy, confidentiality and punctuality are second nature to you
- Keen on working in a dynamic yet demanding and rewarding context
DLA PIPER knows that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why DLA PIPER is open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which they are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
DLA PIPER offers you a unique opportunity to broaden your expertise within a multidisciplinary practice with an international dimension. Focus on quality and thorough individual guidance speak for themselves.
The advantages of a renowned office, with the flexibility of a young, pleasant and stimulating working atmosphere with great career opportunities.