Master of Law with 3 to 6 years of experience in a law firm within an employment practice.
Dutch speaking with an excellent command of English and a good knowledge of French.
ALTIUS is one of the largest Belgian independent law firms, consisting of approximatively 65 lawyers and 30-35 employees. Established in Brussels and Louvain-la-Neuve, the firm advises Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their transactions and disputes.
ALTIUS helps its clients navigate through often-complex legislation and regulatory environments and provides clear solutions to a wide range of legal issues. In addition to their specialist legal knowledge, the lawyers of ALTIUS focus on thinking creatively together with the clients to offer tailor-made solutions. The aim is to turn, through carefully listening and awareness, strategic questions into clear and straightforward answers.
ALTIUS is currently looking for an enthusiastic lawyer (m/f) to join its dynamic and Band 2-ranked! (Chambers) Employment Law team.
The employment team works with Belgian and international clients on all sorts of employment-related issues and offers day to day advice on the employment-law aspects of running a business in Belgium.
ALTIUS’ Employment team helps clients navigate through complex labour laws, offering integrated solutions for a wide range of day-to-day employment-related concerns, as well as for transactional and restructuring work.
It has a particularly good reputation for handling cross border employment, service agreements, collective labour law, collective dismissals, the employment law consequences of the winding-up of companies and employment law litigation.
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in employment law in a similar practice (a first rated Belgian or international law firm)
- You are a Belgian qualified lawyer who achieved excellent grades during his/her university studies. An additional LL.M. in social law is considered an advantage.
- You possess excellent writing skills and you prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You are fluent in Dutch and French. Your level of English is suitable for daily use in a business environment. Knowledge of any other language (e.g., German) is considered an advantage.
- You preferably have study or work experience abroad.
- You are a team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented and you combine a profound interest in employment law with commercial awareness.
ALTIUS offers you an international working environment with interesting opportunities for professional development and advancement.
You will be offered a wide range of legal and non-legal training courses through the ALTIUS Academy.
You will be surrounded with talented colleagues, and you will work in a friendly, pleasant and collaborative atmosphere.
You will receive a competitive and attractive remuneration package.