Paralegal with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience preferably in an internationally oriented law firm, financial institution or a multinational company. An excellent knowledge of English and Dutch or French is required.
Euroclear is a user owned and governed Belgium based financial services company that specializes in the settlement of securities transactions as well as the safekeeping and asset servicing of these securities.
Euroclear settles domestic and international securities transactions, covering bonds, equities, derivatives and investment funds. Euroclear provides securities services to financial institutions located in more than 90 countries.
The Legal division of the group holding company is looking for a Contract and Knowledge Management Paralegal.
In your role, you will implement and maintain compliant contract management within Euroclear Group entities and knowledge management framework in the Legal division. You will provide support to in-house lawyers in their daily tasks and be responsible for the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Coordinate with lawyers a regular review and update of contract templates
- Develop, conduct and coordinate contract management training
- Write and recommend procedures and methodology for contract management, including tools, controls, reporting
- Update and process contracts for filing and archiving
Information and knowledge management:
- Manage and update knowledge platforms, portals and overall taxonomy and metadata
- Develop procedures for the usage and governance of document management system.
- Maintain, help support and implementation of SharePoint based document management system
- Assist users to locate/ download documents in the corporate document management system
- Write and recommend procedures, methodology and tools for record management (including data retention)
- Implement and control processes to ensure the transference of acquired knowledge within the division (on-boarding and off-boarding process)
- Build, maintain and share information related to Legal Training portfolio
- Organise and maintain the Legal library and disseminate the materials to relevant division members
Management reporting, such as report on ongoing claims and litigations.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in law or a bachelor’s degree in legal practice with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. in an internationally oriented law firm, a multinational company or a financial institution.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills: English and Dutch or French.
- You are pragmatic, risk aware and capable to take on initiatives.
- You are precise and well organised with strong sense of responsibility and commitment to deliver quality work.
- You are a flexible, pro-active team player with the ability to work independently.
- You have a positive mind-set towards work.
You will have the opportunity to work in a highly professional and at the same time people oriented and motivating international working environment.
Euroclear will offer a remuneration package in line with your competencies and experiences, including fringe benefits.