Legal Counsel with minimum 3 years of experience in general commercial and contracts law. Fluent in English, Dutch and French.
Avnet Inc. is one of the world´s largest value added distributors of semiconductors, connectors, passive and electromechanical components and embedded subsystems from leading manufacturers.
Avnet's Legal Team is integral to Avnet's success through demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the business, proactively creating innovative solutions while mitigating risk and promoting a culture that embraces Avnet's core values.
To strengthen their corporate EMEA Legal Team in Diegem, near Brussels (Belgium), our client is looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f).
As a Legal Counsel you provide legal advice/consultation on issues concerning the rights, obligations and privileges of the organization. You represent the organization to customers, suppliers, competitors and government agencies. You provide resolution of business or technical issues by identifying legal solutions and recommending a course of action. You examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
Your main activities:
- Provide legal counsel to organization on day-to-day legal matters within designated subject matter area/business unit; may advise senior management on complex legal matters.
- Ensures the organization remains compliant with all local, state, federal, and industry regulations/guidelines.
- Recommend the most appropriate course of action, taking into consideration the interests of all relevant parties.
- Keep abreast of legal developments within designated subject matter area/business unit and assist in the design and implementation of appropriate processes and policies to ensure compliance
- Demonstrate a logical approach to addressing issues.
- Apply cost-benefit and risk analysis, offer alternatives to challenges and propose solutions to problems.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, to address the relevant legal and business issues, while being concise and easy to understand for non-lawyers.
- Identify areas of legal risk and make recommendations and suggestions for improvement.
- Lead strategic projects and negotiate complex issues to achieve business objectives
- Supervise outside counsel’s activities and budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You hold a Master degree or equivalent in Law;
- You have 3 to 5 years of professional experience in general commercial and contracts law ideally gained in an internationally orientated law firm or company;
- You have a positive, client-oriented and problem-solving attitude;
- You have the skill of drafting, reviewing, evaluating and assessing a variety of legal documents with an eye for detail.
- You have strong coordination and negotiation skills with an eye for detail;
- You are able to work independently and autonomously with a problem solving approach;
- You have excellent communication skills and you are a real team player with a sense of humor;
- You are fluent in English and French or Dutch, any other European language is a plus.
If teamwork is important to you, if you value independence and responsibility, and if you are searching for diversified tasks in an international company you are exactly the right person for their team! Performance-related compensation is available.