Belgian Master of Laws with at least 3 years of experience in the fields of construction and contract law.
CML GmbH provides the STRABAG group companies with integrated services in the areas of legal advice and contract management.
STRABAG is a European-based technology group for construction services, a leader in innovation and financial strength. Their services span all areas of the construction industry and cover the entire construction value chain. They bring together people, materials and machinery at the right place and at the right time in order to realize even complex construction projects - on schedule, of the highest quality and at the best price
CML GmbH is looking for a legal counsel to strengthen the legal team in Antwerp/Brussels.
- You will provide legal support to companies of the STRABAG group which are active on the Belgian and Luxembourg market.
- You will be part of CML, the STRABAG group legal department. You will report to a manager, located mainly in Cologne, Germany.
- You will work on projects for the Belgian and Luxembourg market; you will have Belgian as well as international clients.
- The focus of your activity will be on construction- and public procurement law: construction agreements, general terms & conditions, tender procedures, although the substantive scope of your work is not limited to this, including amongst others contract law and commercial law. Contract negotiations belong to your tasks as well. You will follow up on court/arbitration procedures and you will maintain contacts with external lawyers.
- You will have contacts with Belgian clients on a daily basis, and you will travel regularly within Belgium.
- You have achieved a Belgian Master of laws.
- You have gained at least 3 years of experience as a lawyer and/or as in-house counsel in the fields of construction and contract law.
- You speak very well French and English and you have a good command of Dutch. Command of the German language is an advantage.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player, but you can work autonomously as well.
- You are assertive, open minded, eager to learn and flexible. You are able to work under pressure.
CML offers a dynamic working environment which rapidly evolves. You will be given the chance to provide legal support for big construction projects in Belgium of an international group, with adequate support from professional colleagues in the Benelux and Germany.
CML tries to reduce to a minimum its recourse to external lawyers, so that the legal counsel is directly involved throughout the process for the big projects. Should external lawyers be brought in, CML will be in charge of the coordination.
You will entertain varied social contacts in the construction sector both in Belgium and abroad, which will allow you to gain international experience.