Our client is currently looking for an experienced legal advisor in corporate and business law for an industrial Group of companies having its headquarters located in Louvain-la-Neuve (25km from Brussels) and its business and subsidiaries almost all over the world.
As Senior legal advisor, you will:
- Provide legal support to the Group’s strategic development projects (M&A)
- Legally safeguard contractual business interests of the Group and of Europe’s entities (general business law and contracts)
More specifically, you will:
- Support the Group: Support the HQ legal department in relation to the legal aspects of the Group’s strategic development projects worldwide (M&A, joint-ventures etc.) including support due diligence, drafting and negotiation of transaction docs, coordination with external legal counsels etc.
- Support the European operations:
- Support various departments (with particular focus on sales, services, procurement and logistics) at European level (and, as needs may arise, also at Group level) in relation to their contractual requirements (draft and review of contracts, support in the preparation of the negociation through identification and review of key contractual issues, attend negotiation meetings);
- Pro-actively discuss with the business teams legislative initiatives which may impact Europe’s operations;
- Make sure that the corporate legal standards are followed by operations in Europe while respecting local obligations.
- Coordination of outside lawyers: As appropriate, retain and instruct external legal counsels in connection with the above and manage costs appropriately; be the interface between the business teams and external counsels; challenge output received from external counsels; support business teams in implementation of opinions received from external counsels.
Our client is looking for rigorous and pragmatic legal advisor who possesses strong analytical skills coupled with good judgment skills, high integrity and able to work in cross functional and multi-cultural team.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Law;
- You have 6 to 10 years of experience in a similar position within an international environment or practice in corporate law (transactional M&A) within an international law firm;
- You are flexible and willing to travel from time to time;
- You are fluent in English and French. Any additional language is an asset;
- You have strong drafting skills, have a business/solution-oriented approach and are able to communicate and operate in a multidisciplinary environment;
- You will find a unique opportunity to work in a challenging international environment;
- You will be offered a motivating and attractive remuneration package in accordance with your skills and experience