You are a Master in Law with 2 to 4 years of experience in construction law and building contracts (preferably in an international context).
You have a keen interest in the energy sector.
You are fluent in English and in Dutch or French. Knowledge of German is a plus.
As a 360° player in the offshore wind industry, our client, Parkwind, is one of Europe’s leading companies in the field of developing, financing, constructing and operating offshore wind farms.
Today the company operates 552MW in the Belgian territorial waters (Belwind, Northwind and Nobelwind) and has a pipeline of 800MW offshore in Belgium (Northwester 2), Ireland (Oriel) and Germany (Arcadis Ost). Meanwhile Parkwind continues to grow and explore further opportunities on an international level.
The current shareholders of Parkwind are Colruyt Group, Korys NV (the investment holding of the Colruyt family) and the Flemish investment fund PMV.
For the reinforcement of the Contract Management team based in Leuven, Parkwind is currently looking for a Junior Contract Manager with experience in construction law and building contracts and a strong interest in (international) contract law (FIDIC, LOGIC, BIMCO,…).
- To ensure compliance with statutory requirements and company policies, rules and guidelines
- To prepare tender documents, to follow-up the tender procedure, to negotiate and execute the contract
- To manage and administer the contracts, i.e. ensuring that the company never is in breach of any contract
- To keep records of all contract related correspondence and documentation
- To manage and control the commercial/contractual interfaces between contracts in close collaboration with other actors
- To draft and/or approve any commercial, contractual or legal correspondence in close liaison with other actors
- To proactively identify and mitigate the commercial effects and consequences of any claims or risks under the contracts
- To provide contract related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- To proactively identify, pursue and optimize any potential commercial opportunities under any contract, including potential claims
- To ensure that all required corporate or financial guarantees are in force and valid at any point in time
- To provide the necessary input and assistance to the other teams
- To take ownership of risks and mitigate the consequences thereof.
You will report to your line manager.
- You have a master’s degree, preferably in Law
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience in construction law and building contracts (preferably in an international context)
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch or French. Knowledge of German is a plus
- You have good social skills and can work efficiently in a team
- You are punctual and precise while giving advice and while administering your cases and contracts
- You have good communication skills.
Our client offers:
- A job with an international character
- A job with lots of variety, as part of a fun team and a dynamic organisation
- Training & Development opportunities both on a technical level as well as a personal level to develop your competences within the role
- A dynamic and high-tech no-nonsense work environment
- An attractive remuneration based on your skills and achievements and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits.