IP Paralegal with a minimum of 3 years of experience within an internationally law firm or a multinational company. An excellent knowledge of English and French is required.
With a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, Schréder pushed back the limits of its business beyond smart lighting. Schréder has been designing lighting solutions - from motorways, tunnels, residential streets and pedestrian areas - to monuments and more.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated IP Paralegal for the Liège office to support the IP team.
You will interact closely with your peers in Research, Development, Design departments and external IP law firms.
- Support and ensure coordination of filing and registration of patent, trademark, copyright, design, i-depot and software in collaboration with in-house stakeholders and external firms.
- Support and coordinate preliminary patent, trademark and design screening/FTO searches, as well as full searches and opinions from external firms prior to filing applications.
- Support and coordinate the review and proper use of intellectual property rights notices in corporate brochures, websites, instructions for use.
- Handle formal documents, including Powers of Attorney form, Assignments form, inventor declarations, inventor remuneration.
- Process incoming letters and emails and ensure accuracy of information.
- Manage maintenance of electronic and paper docketing and management systems, including patent, trademark, copyright, design, software, i-depot, invention disclosure databases, ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Coordinate payment of annuities/maintenance fees.
- Follow up of deadlines, including due dates for responses to office actions, geographic extensions, renewals and oppositions.
- Process and follow-up of incoming invoices for budget planning and follow-up.
- Prepare IP status summary reports.
- Coordinate IP committee meetings to include agenda and minutes of meeting and ensure follow up of actions.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in law or a Bachelor’s degree in legal practice and have at least 3 years of work experience in IP law.
- Ability to handle multiple projects under limited supervision, meet deadlines, and be a strong team player.
- You know how to deal with confidential information.
- You work accurate and have a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and legal & IP docketing and management systems.
You want to join a company that values collaboration above hierarchy and faces challenges and uncertainty with resilience and a positive attitude? Apply today!