You are a Master in Law with at least 5 years of experience as in-house legal counsel or lawyer in an international setting or in IP licensing context. You are fluent in Dutch and English.
I4F is an innovations group focused on the development of patents and technologies for the flooring industry.
Its portfolio includes IP for flooring installation and wall mounting systems, material compositions, surface treatment as well as laminate and board production technologies.
I4F has strategic partnerships with the industry’s most important IP players, including Classen, Kronospan, UWC and Kowon.
The company’s flagship technologies, 3L TripleLock and Click4U, provide a unique one-piece drop-lock installation technique for flooring panels that eliminates the need for an additional insert on the short side. The solution is suitable for laminate, luxury vinyl tiles, wood plastic composite, rigid core flooring, multi-layer flooring and wooden flooring panels. International patents and patent applications for I4F’s technologies have been granted and filed in over 100 countries worldwide.
The position is based at the office in Hamont (Limburg, Belgium) reporting to the General Counsel (located in Montréal, Canada) and/or the CEO (located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands).
As in-house counsel you will work closely with the General Counsel of I4F as well as the business people in various legal matters and legal risk reduction actions relevant to the business activities of I4F.
As a true business partner of the business people including to the CEO and Licensing Director, the in-house legal counsel will have to demonstrate an exemplary adaptability to collaborate with operational colleagues and co-contractors of varied countries and cultures and agility to cover wide variety of legal subjects.
The main areas of intervention of the Legal Counsel, will be:
- Licensing agreements for the licensing of the technology: draft, amend, negotiate;
- Contract law (partnerships contracts, entire contract chain, relations with suppliers): draft, amend, negotiate;
- Litigation monitoring: following various litigation, insuring deadlines are met, keeping record and follow-up of various tasks within the litigation team (external and internal);
- IP: trade mark research and contacts for registration of trade marks, domain names,…
- Compliance-regulatory: monitoring, suggesting, building and deploying compliance program, measures;
- Corporate: insuring corporate life of the entities: books, records, annual filings, drafting resolutions,….
- Legal monitoring: monitoring of various legislation, case-law that affects the business of I4F and communicating to team
- Communication: insure various internal and external stakeholders are timely informed of legal matters which relate to them, create and update communication tools for such.
- You have a Law degree from a Belgian University;
- You have at least 5 years of experience as in-house legal counsel or lawyer in an international setting or in IP licensing context ;
- You completely master legal Dutch and English (conversational German would be a plus);
- You are rigorous, organized and fully autonomous;
- You have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills that allow to build a relationship of trust;
- You are open and comfortable in an international, multicultural and flat organisation/environment;
- You are very operational and willing to work at all levels ("hands on").
You will be offered:
- A position as a legal counsel in a challenging environment, operating on an international scale;
- A position in a booming company, where you will be able to prove yourself;
- The possibility to work closely together with the professionals of the business;
- A comprehensive remuneration package.