Master in Law with 3 to 6 years of experience in contract law. Fluent in Dutch and English.
Value Retail is the only company to specialize exclusively in the creation and operation of luxury outlet destinations. Value Retail provides its guests with an outlet shopping experience unrivalled anywhere in the world.
The Villages are must-visit international shopping destinations for European and global visitors. Today Value Retail serves the world’s leading brands through a unique retail proposition in 9 key European tourism markets and 2 Chinese tourism markets.
Value Retail is the operator of Maasmechelen Village, an elegant shopping village with around 100 stores and famous fashion brands and home design labels.
Maasmechelen Village is recognized as one of the leading shopping destination in the Benelux countries.
To strengthen its legal department, Value Retail is looking for a deputy legal manager.
As a deputy legal manager you will:
- Monitor all legal issues for Maasmechelen Village;
- Review and draft legal documents, liaise with parties involved.
- Cooperate with the other departments (marketing, retail, merchandising,…) by attending team meetings and coordinating weekly or monthly catch up calls.
- Drafting all sorts of contracts with regards to Village events, such as photographer licences, entertainment / performer contracts, partnership agreements and assist with new supplier forms.
- Ensure compliance of third party suppliers with contractual obligations under their agreements with Maasmechelen Village.
- Assist the other Villages legal teams with commercial and remerchandising queries.
- Assist in corporate housekeeping related matters such as managing statutory documents e.g. Articles of Association, board meetings and minutes.
- Monitor trademark and other IP issues for the Village and Brands.
- You hold a master’s degree in law with at least 3 years of experience in commercial law, preferably gained in a law firm.
- You pay attention to detail, quality and excellence.
- You have the ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and professionally.
- You have excellent computer skills.
- You have strong well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are flexible.
- You have an excellent knowledge of business English (spoken and written) and you are fluent in Dutch.
Value Retail is offering a full-time position with attractive, challenging and varied work within an ambitious team.
On top of the excellent learning and development opportunities, you will be incentivized with a competitive remuneration package in line with your knowledge, experience and skills.