You have a Master degree in Law and a minimum of 6 years of experience in company secretarial and corporate governance, gained in the banking/finance industry, or the banking/finance department of a major law firm or consulting firm.
You are fluent in English and French or Dutch.
Our client, Euroclear Bank, is a Belgium based bank and central securities depository that specializes in the settlement of securities transactions as well as the safekeeping and asset servicing of these securities globally.
Euroclear Bank settles domestic and international securities transactions, covering bonds, equities, derivatives and investment funds. Euroclear provides securities services to financial institutions located in more than 90 countries.
The Corporate Secretariat Division ensures that appropriate corporate governance is in place across the Euroclear group, in line with legal and regulatory requirements, and advises (or liaises with expert lawyers) on legal and corporate governance questions across the Euroclear Group.
The Corporate Secretariat Division organizes - or is responsible for coordinating - the planning and the setting of agendas for management committees, boards and shareholder meetings across the Euroclear group.
Our client is currently looking for a Company Secretary to join the Corporate Secretariat Division in the Euroclear Group’s headquarters in Brussels.
As a Company Secretary, you will:
- report to the Head of the group’s Corporate Secretariat Division and will act as first point of contact for all governance requests from the Euroclear Bank Chair, CEO and Board members;
- advise the Board, Board Committees and Management Committee on all governance matters;
- supervise the organisation and preparation of agendas and papers for Board meetings, Board Committees, Management Committee and Shareholders Meetings;
- take minutes, draft resolutions, and follow up on actions from all relevant meetings;
- monitor and manage changes in relevant legislation and regulation and review and align with local requirements, following input from advisors on governance;
- maintain relevant governance documents;
- oversee the corporate law and regulatory filings for Euroclear Bank’s head office, branches and representative offices;
- oversee the answers to governance surveys and questionnaires from external parties;
- organize induction, training, and self-assessment for Board, Board Committees and Management Committee;
- manage the Para-Legal support for Euroclear Bank.
- a Master’s degree in Law and a minimum of 6 years of experience post-graduation;
- previous company secretarial and governance experience gained in the banking/finance industry, or the banking/finance department of a major law firm or consulting firm;
- proven knowledge of Belgian company law and/or governance and banking regulation;
- excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to engage actively with senior management;
- GUBERNA governance knowledge would be an extra advantage.
- able to prioritize effectively and to work independently;
- open-minded and flexible in your job approach;
- fluent and decisive in written and spoken English, and French or Dutch.
You will have the opportunity to work in a highly professional and at the same time people oriented and motivating working environment.
The content of your work will be varied and challenging.
You will be offered a remuneration package in line with your competencies and experiences, including fringe benefits.
Our client, Euroclear, recruits people from all walks of life. Their 3,500 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. They are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. They are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.