Estate planner with at least 3 years of professional experience as a legal advisor/lawyer in a highly professional environment for Belgian and French HNWI clients.
You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and a very good knowledge of English and French.
Our client, Anthos, is an international family office providing professional advice, tax, legal and financial services, as well as certain asset and wealth management services. It is part of COFRA Holding AG, established in 2001 to coordinate the global commercial activities of the family owners.
In retail, real estate and investment, COFRA aims to set industry-leading standards of quality while demonstrating that business can play a powerful role in society. COFRA businesses operate autonomously in the spirit of engaged entrepreneurship. The fashion retail company C&A is the oldest business in the group, dating back to 1841. Redevco, a commercial real estate business with a focus on retail was founded in 1999, and Bregal, a global private equity firm in 2002.
For almost a century, Anthos Fund & Asset Management (AFAM) has provided comprehensive asset management to the family, their philanthropies and various pension funds of COFRA entities.
Anthos is dedicated to advancing the success of the owners’ endeavours and the flourishing of the Brenninkmeijer family community. The original family service office was established in Amsterdam in the 1930s. Anthos helps the owners of COFRA past and present focus on their business and philanthropic activities, offering support to their families.
Anthos Belgium is currently looking for an estate planner with at least 3 years of experience as a legal advisor/lawyer in a highly professional environment for Belgian and French HNWI clients.
Description de la fonction
In this role you will provide high-quality estate planning services to Anthos clients living in Belgium and in France. You will be based in Vilvoorde.
Your primary focus is on:
Professionally and timely executing legal services (advice, drafting of documents, execution and monitoring) to clients, often including international dimensions, in the following areas:
- pre-nuptial agreements
- advance directives / powers of attorney
- estate planning (including gifts)
- international Private Law
Assisting and working together with the Belgian Client Advisors, estate planning advice for HNWI (High Net Worth Individuals), living in Belgium and in France.
Developing and maintaining a referral network. Instructing and managing external legal and tax advisors, not only in Belgium, but also in France for French clients.
Collaborating with the Client Advisors and specialists from other departments (also in other countries) to ensure an excellent service to our clients.
Participating in international projects / platforms (e.g. the Estate Planning Practice Group (EPPG)) as a project member.
Keeping abreast of and analysing new legislation/developments pro-actively, in both national and international contexts, in the areas concerned and sharing this knowledge with the Client Advisors and other specialists (for example, through the EPPG).
- Master’s degree in Belgian Law (preferably also in notarial law). You have an affinity with Belgian and French tax law (regarding investment income) and Private International Law.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a legal advisor/lawyer in a highly professional environment for Belgian and French HNWI clients.
- Experience and knowledge about financial planning.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and a very good knowledge of English and French.
- Living in Belgium, but you have an affinity with what’s happening in French society.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to work independently using own knowledge or that of others to provide integrated advice and opinions.
- Confident enough to provide face-to-face advice to clients.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a conscious and client-friendly manner.
- Ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations.
You report to the Managing Director of the Belgian department of Anthos.
You will be part of a small and dynamic team within an international organization, belonging to a prestigious group.
Your working environment is stimulating and informal.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package.