Calysta is looking for Senior Qualified Patent Attorneys (or Partly Qualified) to join its team in Diegem. Fluent in Dutch or French and good knowledge of English are required.
Calysta is a new style and modern Intellectual Property (IP) firm. It has 2,5 years of existence and already 260 clients and 25 collaborators. Still a start-up, but with a nice client portfolio including major companies, entrepreneurs and start-ups. In addition to the traditional prosecution services, Calysta has built a strong strategic reputation as a true partner, eager to understand the operation and strategy of each of its clients, to adapt its services to their needs and priorities. Calysta’s experts are true ambassadors who own 75% of the shares of the company, with different profiles and complementary competencies (patent drafting and prosecution, IP contract, IP valuation and tax incentives, IP strategy…).
Calysta is a collaborative IP-firm, where their attorneys work hand-in-hand with their clients to jointly identify the best opportunities to create the most value out of their IP assets. Calysta refuses to consider investments in IP as a pure cost, but is committed to turn it – with their clients – into a true value creation centre. Their experienced administrative team is accessible, seeking for the extra miles at an attractive reasonable cost. At Calysta, the amount of IP rights in a client’s portfolio is not important. What matters is ensuring an outstanding quality and true relevance of the IP rights for a company.
Calysta is currently looking for Senior Qualified Patent Attorneys (or Partly qualified) to join its team.
Description of the vacancy
You will work closely with all other Attorneys and with assistants to take care of the Calysta clients with respect to general IP activities including, but not limited to, Patents/Trademarks and/or other IP related matters. Providing support in preparing, creating and maintaining documents that are relevant to perform those activities.
You will work closely with the secretary team for files with respect to applications, renewals and mutations for patents and trademarks, searches, watches or any other administrative IP matters, follow-up and completion of corresponding procedures.
- Master in Law or Master degree in engineering, chemistry, bio-engineering, physics, mechanics, PhD or related technical fields.
- Qualification as European/Belgian Patent Attorney for Senior Profile (in case of a Patent Attorney); Benelux/European Trademark and Design Attorney (in case of Trademark Attorney).
- Fluent in English, French and/or Dutch.
- Demonstrating initiative and attention to detail.
- Being well organized, pro-active and efficient.
- Being communicative.
- Being client oriented, commercial and flexible.
- Sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Being eager to learn and take part in innovation.
- Being open mind and solution minded.
- You will be part of a team with a proven track within Corporate/M&A.
- You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team, where initiative is truly valued.
- You will have room for personal development.
- You will have a competitive compensation related to your qualifications and experience and a stimulating work environment.