Master in Law with 4 to 6 years of experience in general commercial law. Fluency in English is a requirement.
From 2016, all owners of heavy goods vehicles of over 3.5 tonnes must pay an intelligent road charge in Belgium.
The installation and operation of the kilometer charging system is run by Satellic NV (www.satellic.be). This Belgian company was set up in 2014 as a joint venture between T-Systems and Strabag, two companies with extensive experience in road charging systems.
Satellic is working for Viapass, an inter-regional entity which represents the Flemish, Wallonia and Brussels regions. A specific DBFMO agreement determines the execution of the kilometer charging system.
In order to strengthen its Legal and Procurement Department, Satellic is looking for a Legal Counsel – Procurement (m/f).
Description of the vacancy
Reporting to the Legal Manager - who acts as a single point of contact with the client Viapass – and working closely with the different departments of Satellic, you will assist the business in accomplishing its objectives by pro-actively offering legal advice.
As a Legal Counsel, your responsibilities are:
- Providing legal advice in a variety of legal matters within the framework of the existing DBFMO agreement (e.g. commercial contract law, corporate law, market practices law, competition law, ICT law, financial law, …);
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts;
- Supporting the business in the realization of projects, while at the same time understanding the requirements of Viapass;
- Creating “legal awareness” and ensuring that the business is fully aware of its contractual obligations and the commercial impacts of their actions;
- Providing legal support in procurement procedures: tendering and selection of suppliers, negotiating, drafting and reviewing of supplier contracts and legal risks analysis of procurement procedures;
- Assisting in corporate housekeeping activities;
- Handling and following-up litigations with external lawyers.
- You have obtained a Belgian Master in Law.
- You have 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in general commercial law, gained in a law firm or in-house in an international company.
- Experience in contract negotiations and/or having worked previously in a procurement department is a plus.
- Experience in Compliance and/or Data Protection is considered as a plus.
- You have an excellent knowledge of business English (spoken and written) and you are fluent in Dutch.
- You are willing to work in large variety of legal matters and to expand your knowledge and experience in new matters.
- You have a client oriented and can-do attitude and you have strong organizational skills.
- You are willing to work in a technical environment and with different profiles.
- You are a flexible team player - showing great respect towards colleagues - but you are also able to work effectively by yourself.
- You have excellent communication skills and ability to convince others.
- You are pragmatic and you are able to offer business-focused solutions, which means that you are able to translate complex legal matters in business terms and that you can identify potential risks in the department and find solutions.
Satellic is a unique company on the Belgian market. This is an opportunity to take part in a very young organisation, which is supported by international experts in the tolling area, and to experience a new and exciting technological environment.
Satellic staff is characterized by drive, flexibility, and ownership. Continuous growth and learning via internal and external training opportunities are encouraged. Customer delight, teamwork, respect, integrity, and going the extra mile reflect the values of the company.
Satellic offers you:
- A dynamic and international working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere, located in Diegem.
- A permanent contract.
- An attractive salary with many additional benefits: a company car, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, flexible working hours, 32 holidays (including recovery days), …
- Numerous training and development opportunities.