You have minimum 5 years of experience as an in-house legal counsel or lawyer, specialized in corporate law and familiar with the legal intricacies of listed companies and preferably also with real estate law.
A specific knowledge of, or experience in, compliance is also a must.
You are fluent in Dutch, French and English (both oral and written).
The integrated property group Nextensa* is a result of the merging of two real estate actors, being the listed real estate investor Leasinvest Real Estate (LRE) and the developer Extensa (* the adoption of the new name Nextensa will be the subject of a nearby EGM).
Earlier this year, the Antwerp based investment group Ackermans & van Haaren (AvH) decided to merge the two property companies, which have been part of its portfolio since the 1990's. The shareholders of Leasinvest Real Estate (LRE), a listed company, approved the business combination at the EGM of 19 July. Until then, LRE was a regulated real estate investment company (GVV/SIR) active in the high-end office and retail segment in Belgium, Luxembourg and Austria. As such it already owned the Royal Depot, one of the landmarks of the innovative Tour & Taxis neighborhood in Brussels. In the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, LRE is since many years, one of the leading property investors with a real estate portfolio based on prime locations. The development of both the iconic site of Tour&Taxis in Belgium and the prestigious urban development project Cloche d’Or in Luxembourg, focusing on a sustainable extension of the Luxembourg capital is then again managed by Extensa, an expert in innovative mixed-use projects with a positive impact.
The merger has given Nextensa immediate access to the best of both worlds: a proven track record as an international property investor and an impressive knowhow in award-winning trailblazing (re)developments, such as the widely acclaimed Gare Maritime at Tour&Taxis. The incorporation of the iconic built heritage of Tour & Taxis, Cloche d’Or and other sites added around 280 million euros to the group’s investment portfolio. That allows Nextensa to act swiftly on the dynamic real estate market and to become one of Belgium’s largest listed real estate companies, with a consolidated balance sheet total of 1.9 billion euros.
Nextensa has about 85 employees, is located on the Tour & Taxis site close to the North Station alongside the canal and will soon move to its brand new offices at the Gare Maritime. Gare Maritime has become a pioneering hub combining both unexpected retail, work, culinary and exciting hang out experiences, which perfectly reflects our mission: to be a next-gen real estate investor/property developer creating "Places you prefer" …
To further expand its legal department and face the new and exciting challenges, Nextensa is looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel. You will be part of a dynamic team with 5 colleagues, with direct report to the CEO and Senior Legal Counsel.
Description of the vacancy
As a Corporate Legal Counsel you are a.o. responsible for:
- contributing, facilitating and providing structure to the management and the Board of Directors with regard to the Corporate Household of Nextensa in order to ensure that the corporate governance model follows the legal obligations within a listed context;
- the function of Compliance Officer within the organization, meaning follow-up and application of regulations relating to Nextensa as a listed company and to its subsidiaries (UBO, transparency,..), ensuring follow-up and compliance with regulations such as GDPR, audits, drafting and maintaining corporate governance charter, integrity code, dealing code, advice and follow-up regarding MAR;
- giving legal assistance in drawing up internal and external financing agreements (within the group, on the capital market and in the banking sector); Management (drafting, reviewing and monitoring) of various intra-group relations and agreements, financing and security documentation;
- preparation and review of all external communication and alignment with the legal framework (as a listed company) within which Nextensa operates: press releases, transparency notifications, annual financial report, semi-annual report, website, Liaise with FSMA, Euroclear, Euronext, shareholders;
- coordination of mergers files and responsible as second in line for acquisitions files containing legal support, legal due diligence, drafting LOIs and NDAs, negotiating purchase/sale agreements and post-closing obligations.
You will be reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel and Management.
- You have a Master of Laws degree and a minimum experience of 5 years as a lawyer or in-house Legal Counsel;
- You are specialized in corporate law. A specific knowledge of real estate law is also a must;
- You have a thorough knowledge of the specific legislation and regulations concerning listed companies;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English, both oral and written;
- You can work independently and have an eye for quality, while also being a dedicated team player who is stress-resistant, communicative and discrete, able to defend the company’s interests in a practical and solutions-driven way;
- You are precise and enjoy learning, and appreciate a diversity in legal matters to attend to;
- You are able to deal with a working environment in full change;
- You manage priorities well and work organized.
An interesting and varied full-time job with responsibility in an agreeable and dynamic environment where values such as respect, transparency and integrity, but also entrepreneurship and collegiality prevail. You are offered a permanent contract with a competitive remuneration, complemented by fringe benefits, in accordance with your expertise and experience.